Security issue

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by stevejhon, Oct 8, 2008.

1. stevejhon macrumors newbie

Hi!

I am developing web iste. i have used vb.net and sqlserver. i need to know what are the securities i can do to maintain my datas.

so far, i have used procedures (written procedures in sqlserver and called them in class files.) then i have disabled the right click menu to not to copy anything in the site.

is there anything else should i do to protect my datas and enhance security.

please guide me as i am new in developing web site .

thank you.

2. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

Disabling right-click doesn't really work. People can get around it. When dealing with any SQL database you need to make sure you protect yourself from SQL-injection, which can be used to takeover your site, modify your site, or delete your database.

I don't know what you mean by saying you're using "written procedures" as a security. You'll need to explain your setup for us to tell you what security precautions you need to take to protect your data. Just saying you're using VBScript and SQL Server is just too broad.

Also, FYI, there's no such word as "datas." Data is the plural form of datum.

3. thomahawk macrumors 6502a

thomahawk

proxy servers work well. i run my server through a proxy then through the net. the "hackers" cant modify my server settings unless they know how to get past my proxy. its basically like a fake IP in a way except its run through 2 bases gives more roads for the person to go through which im sure they wont like it

4. MCRunning macrumors 6502

When you program think about what you can do to make it more secure. With more security that means more code and more checks. Things like XSS and SQL injections are what you need to watch out for. If you are using sensitive data like credit cards, I wouldn't recommend being responsible for that. For passwords encrypt using sha1()

Your question is too broad to be answered in a way you want.