Security/Management App For Small Business?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by teasphere, Jul 8, 2011.

1. teasphere macrumors member

We are planning on purchasing about 25 iPad 2s for business use (email and confidential documents) and I am having a hard time finding a solid way to centrally manage and secure them aimed at small businesses/lower cost.

My main concerns would just be that they are password protected and that they can be remote wiped in the event they are stolen or lost. Additional security is welcomed but this would be our main goal.

Also, we need to allow users to check their email from an Exchange 2003 server.

Any and all help and suggestions are welcomed and appreciated! Thanks!

2. poloponies macrumors 68030

Assuming you have SP2 for the Exchange Server (and if not, then why the hell not??) then it's pretty straightforward. As for password protection, that's built in and the "Find My iPhone/iPad" functionality of the former MobileMe can remotely wipe - provided you have 3G service enabled.

3. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

If your iPads have Exchange email addresses on them, you can wipe an iPad/iPhone from Exchange. You don't even need to setup Mobile Me or Find my X.

My IT admin and I wiped my iPhone one day before I took it in for repairs. It's amazing how fast it wipes itself.