Security of iDisk folders - new ones at top level

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by Undecided, Oct 4, 2009.

1. Undecided macrumors 6502a

I know that the Movies, Pictures, and Music folders on iDisk are not secure (files are accessible by anyone who knows the file name, see http://homepage.mac.com/rfwilmut/notes/idisk.html).

But what about new folders you create at the same top level - the same level as the Movies, Pictures, Music, Documents and other folders?

I created one, put a picture in it, and was not able to access it using the method linked to above (that is, when knowing the file name).

But does anyone have any info on the security of folders you create at that top level? The article I link to above doesn't mention creating folders at the top level.

Thanks!

2. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

What do you mean? I can't access any of my pictures using the method on your linked page. I get the message:

"Looking for something on MobileMe?

We can't find the page you requested. Please make sure the URL is spelled and capitalized correctly, and try again."

have you actually demonstrated that the linked method works? The page you linked to is pretty out of date, and I can't find any other sites saying the same thing.