Security settings resetting in Lion

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by Reserved, Sep 17, 2011.

1. Reserved macrumors newbie

I have an early 2011 Macbook pro running 10.7.1.

Under the security and privacy preferences the option as to when to require a
    password e.g. immediately, 5 secs, 1 minute... after sleep, keeps reverting back to immediately. If someone could suggest how I can make it remember my preference that would be great.

2. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says....that setting is user-specific so it *should* remember it without any issue. Seeing as it's not, I'd first try running a permissions repair as incorrect permissions could prevent the setting from being written to the plist file. If that does not resolve it, try "authenticating" in that pref pane (at the bottom, choose "click the lock to make changes" and input the admin pw) and then see if that makes the changes stick...oh yeah!

3. Reserved thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks Duff Man, but still not working!

I had already tried authenticating. I tried repairing permissions as you suggested though still no luck. As soon as I exit the preferences it is resetting, though other options such as editing the lock screen message do not reset.
    Any other suggestions, it's only a little thing, though is getting annoying.

4. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says....next quick thought would be the pref file is corrupted. Try moving the com.apple.screensaver.plist file from your ~/library/preferences folder and letting the system create a new one.....oh yeah!