Security Update 2007-004

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by slunky, Apr 25, 2007.

1. slunky macrumors newbie

After downloading the new security update, my wireless DLink router does not show up when I wake my iMac from sleep. The only way it will show up anywhere is when I restart. I can even see the signal strength briefly when the screen wakes up, but as soon as the hardrive wakes up, it disapears. Anyone else with this problem and a fix for it?

2. 3kids macrumors regular

Not that problem, but a few others. I installed the security update yesterday and restarted. The screen was very dark; turns out the update had set a dark default on brightness (???) Now, the camera on the imac keeps turning itself on with a bit of a drum banging sound. How do I turn off the camera. It kind of un-nerves me. I went to phot booth but it says PB can't open because the camera is in use. Any ideas?

3. slunky thread starter macrumors newbie

Update problems

Anyone else experiencing problems with the 2007-004 update. I would love to hear any hints to fix my wireless problem...

4. cjp10 macrumors newbie

I had a problem with my Macbook where after waking from sleep, I can't connect to the network until after a restart. I fixed it by downloading the update again from Apple's website and installing it again. it works perfectly now.