Security Update 2007-005 Errors with Safari

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by chris.niziolek, May 25, 2007.

1. chris.niziolek macrumors member

Is anyone else having problems with safari crashing after applying the recent security update? Several things are messing up with safari. One, I open safari and it hangs there for about 5 seconds, then it might crash, or it will open my homepage, then the next page you view it crashes. One of the other things that it does is when I hide safari using ":apple:+h" the window hides, but it is still active in the menu, then proceeds to crash. The exception that is occurring is "EXC_BREAKPOINT". Does anyone know what that means??? Or what I can do to fix it? Maybe roll back the security update? I am running 10.4.9, 2GHz Core Duo, MacBook Pro.

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

Try repairing permissions (in Disk Utility) :)

Have you restarted? If not, you should...

3. chris.niziolek thread starter macrumors member

Restarted it three times after applying the update. I zapped the PRAM and the NVRAM. I repaired the permissions and verified the disk. I also did a fsck in a command line boot up, just to make sure that the HD isn't damaged either. I have done almost everything that I can think of.

4. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

All I can think of is an Archive & Install unfortunately...

5. Mac-Addict macrumors 65816

Mac-Addict

I've been having problems with Safari too but only just crashes and opening really slowly... nothing too serious thankfully!

6. chris.niziolek thread starter macrumors member

Humm. It is rather serious, and I hate firefox and would rather use Safari, but I don't have time to Archive and reinstall everything.

7. MagicUK macrumors regular

MagicUK

Touch wood, no problems thus far on MBP 17".

I know that doesn't help much. Any applications that might be affected by the updates?

8. chris.niziolek thread starter macrumors member

Never mind. I just did a surface scan of my hard drive and found several hundred bad blocks. That would be why it keeps making a funny noise and crashes all the time. Thanks for your help guys!