Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

secretpact

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 24, 2007
I ran software update when I found out about the new patch. Twice I tried to update and an error came up saying it failed to verify the file. I then went to the Leopard (client) download link on the front page of Macrumors and downloaded it manually. When I open the downloaded file I get the same error saying it cannot be verified. I'm just afraid a virus is messing with my computer :(.

Specs: MAC OS X 10.5.8
MacBookPro4,1
2.4 GHz

r.j.s

Moderator emeritus
Mar 7, 2007
Texas
Try a different browser. I get that problem sometimes because the download doesn't actually finish. I am in a different country than what my machine says I am, so the servers like to reset on me.

secretpact

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 24, 2007
I tried Camino and Firefox. They're giving me different errors. I tried restarting my computer, too. But no success.

IChing

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2007
I had the same problem at first then

shut down all programs and browsers and then it loaded.

After the restart I ran repair permissions and it was HUGH,
I haven't had one this big before.

Did everyone else get a large log from running repairs.

BTW I run disk utility quite often.

secretpact

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 24, 2007
I repaired disk permissions and was able to install the patch. Thank you both for your help!

Paulk

macrumors 6502
Feb 10, 2008
Sweden
I have the same. I got to the end of the repair permissions stage alright, then downloaded the update with all windows closed, but it still couldn't check the contents of the package, so the installation failed.

I also tried to install another browser, google chrome, but that failed too, "couldn't verify disk image".

So what else can I do to install the security update? I should add that I have minimal experience and skills at all this technical stuff.

Paulk

macrumors 6502
Feb 10, 2008
Sweden
asking again

I still can't install SU2010-003.

I get failed verification.

I tried the Disk Utiity to repair permissions, but even that made no difference, I still get failed verification.

I find this also happens if I try to install Firefox and also Google Bronze browsers. Failed verification for these, too!

I had a separate account on my MacBook and so I deleted it, hoping that if I used the main first account the installation would succeed. But it didn't. Same problem.

Can anyone advise?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.