SecuritySpy Software

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jota73, Aug 3, 2008.

1. jota73 macrumors 6502

jota73

Has anyone had any experience with this Software.
    I need to connect 4 cameras and have serval questions:

1. People recommend me IP cameras... I currently have airport and airport express... what I am afraid of is that the stability of the connection of the cameras is not good. I mean, my house walls are of brick and mortar, what makes difficult to have 100% covered the place. Therefore I believe I would need to have the airport express to widen the scope of the base unit. Will it work if I use this option with the ip cameras?
    2. Has anyone tried different IP cameras? dlink, axis... just dont know which to choose....
    3. My final option is to buy a PC to make it work with regular wired cameras! (I must be honest, this is not the option I would like! I used to have PC, since I switched to mac, I would like to stay 100% on it)

Please any advise is appreciated

Juan

2. operator207 macrumors 6502

I have been looking at these: http://www.costco.com/Common/Search...e=1_en-_-Top_Left_Nav-_-Top_search&lang=en-US

I realize your not in the US, but you can also look at http://www.q-see.com

I believe the "headunits" run Linux. They seem to be pretty good. the reviews I was able to find on q-see equipment were pretty decent. The worst part I found, was that if you were reviewing some old footage from a camera, that camera would stop recording. It had something to do with viewing the same file it was recording on. I think it changed files every day or something so unless you wanted to back up a few minutes it was ok.

3. mharrold macrumors newbie

I do have this software and find it to be amazing.
    I tried EvoCam first and it was also good but SecuritySpy does things EvoCam did not/could not do.