Secway Simp Server HELP Please???

Discussion in 'macOS' started by deepdark, Sep 18, 2009.

1. deepdark macrumors newbie

2. jdevour macrumors newbie

How far did you get with this?..

Hello,
    I've just come across this thread. Has anyone been able to get this server running under Mac OSX successfully.

I've gotten as far as logging into the telnet server to configure and then I get unknown command ' ' scrolling forever once I try to do anything (generate or help commands for example)

So far I've found that
    1. the access.conf file inside the pkg file doesnt get installed to /usr/local/Simp properly. i had to open the pkg and copy the file manually to the install folder
    2. the app puts simp.conf under /usr/local/Simp but seems to need it under /usr/local/Simp/etc/ as well. I created a soft link under that dir pointing to the original
    3. libwx_base-2.4.0.dylib needs to be moved to /usr/local/lib and a softlink pointing to it under /usr/local/Simp
    4. the admin service on port 10023 doesnt always start successfully. I've been able to get it running a couple of times but I think I need to do some fiddling with telnet daemon or firewall on the mac OS to get it to come up. I've tried so many things and forgot to note how i got this working.
    5. logging into the admin service (from terminal or Iterm) doesn't work unless I delete the password in access.conf
    6. as I mentioned above the admin service seems screwed up even when I'm able to get in via telnet (unknown command ' ' scrolling for infinity when you type anything and hit enter)

I need to use SIMP or a compatible secure IM client at work (it's mostly windows here)

If anyone has ideas please respond.

Thanks

3. g0tcha macrumors newbie

hi

any progress on a solution for this, i am having the same problem.

cant login if admin password is not removed and after logging in, there is a continuous error when issuing any commands.

any help appreciated on a solution to fix