Seduced by imac....

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by lolomimi, Jan 25, 2008.

1. lolomimi macrumors newbie

Hello to all

Have just registered as I have finally succumbed to the beauty and simplicity of that gorgoues iMac I saw in the Apple store....

I am a long time PC user, and one question I have is about Microsoft money. I have a very small business (Just me!) and manage all my accounts, budgets etc with this package. I am based in the UK.

I understand Microsoft Money is not Mac compatible. Is there a good alternative personal finance package available for Mac? I don't need anything fancy as I don't do payroll etc, but I need something where I can download my bank accounts directly and where the data is analysed into spending categories etc.

I've heard you can use Micrsoft products with some sort of extra software, but I figure that Mac users must keep accounts too (!!!), so am just looking for some Mac suggestions.

(Please excuse the newbie type questions.)
    Many thanks
    Lolomimi

2. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

you can use parallels to run microsoft money. or try icash.

3. hockeysc23 macrumors regular

hey,

congrats on moving to mac. I think you will be much happier. I had a G5 and was debating the same sort of problem. Quicken for mac got horrible reviews so I tried iBank. Which is nice software and lets you import all sorts of different formats but it doesn't download them from the web and automatically update which I do not like.

I recently just purchased a macbook so I could run windows xp for microsoft money/quicken, and mac for everything else. This route would probably be best as you are familar with microsoft money.

4. lolomimi thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your replies. Much appreciated.

So if I run windows XP on an imac, does it work well / smoothly etc? And would I have to purchase additional software to make this possible or does it come included as standard?

Thanks again

Lolomimi

5. ziwi macrumors 65816

ziwi

you can dual boot it or purchase an emulator (Parallels or Vmware) and run it native in OSX.

Or go OSX app like quicken or iBank

6. hockeysc23 macrumors regular

Quicken for mac has had horrible reviews and I don't recommend to the TS. iBank is great software but it didn't fit my needs like Quicken on PC does.

I would look into them though.