See if you can figure this one out! (Snow Leopard Mouse Problem)

Discussion in 'macOS' started by chrisrot, May 11, 2010.

1. chrisrot macrumors newbie

I've got a strange issue with a relatives intel Macbook Pro (pre-unibody). I'll lay it out in easy to read, bullet point goodness.

• Primary and secondary click for the button under the pad doesn't work (and doesn't click - jammed?)
    • When I've tried using some mice, the primary click doesn't work, but the secondary works.
    • I used "Share Screen" from another computer, both left and right work fine
    • I've booted from the Snow Leopard (10.6.3) disk, both left and right work fine from a mouse. The button still doesn't work.

I've done all the Disk Utility repairs.

I suspect the button on the pad may be stuck in the click position which may explain why Share Screen works but it doesn't explain why it worked booting from the install disc.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advanced.
    Chris.

2. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

On the offending mac have the correct setting been selected within system preference > mouse?

[​IMG]

3. chrisrot thread starter macrumors newbie

I've just tested the click using the trackpad tap and it works. What the hell?!
    I don't have a mouse at the moment to test the primary click again. The clicker button is still not working.

SS.jpg
    My relative has big clumsy fingers so the trackpad tap is no option

4. MacBookDan macrumors member

If the mouse button is stuck down on the Mac then the mouse button on the mouse will probably not work since it's classing as you're holding down the mouse button anyway.

Try push and poke the mouse button quite hard, or try pop it up with a knife or something?

Using the software you mentioned (I'm a Mac noob, had it for 3-4 days now) and that's most likely a piece of software for remote viewing or controlling? If so the reason it will click normally is because it's emulated and sent using commands, I found this out within Windows anyway. SendKeys{} worked whilst mouse buttons were pressed down.

5. chrisrot thread starter macrumors newbie

Is there any mac software that shows me visually if the primary button is being held down?

6. MacBookDan macrumors member

Sorry I have no idea, I'm sure someone does though :)