Seeing alot of Macbooks lately

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by seahawk09, Jul 6, 2007.

1. seahawk09 macrumors regular

Hey all,

The other day I was at my local starbucks enjoying a coffee and chatting with my wife to be when I suddenly realized I was surrounded by three macbook laptops, These little computers are very popular. It's nice to see, I love seeing a good computer being put through it's paces. I am cetainly buying a macbook in the near future! :)

2. adrianblaine macrumors 65816

adrianblaine

They are spiffy little computers. My last year in college in the cafeteria, they were everywhere. I think when the current college generation starts making money, Apple will see a significant market share increase.

3. itgoesbuzz macrumors regular

i just got one, the lowest base model, and i am impressed to the fullest. im coming from a 15" PB, the screen is great and i am quite happy. got myself a nice red nano and this printer for free that i have no need for, its beautiful.

4. BKKbill macrumors 6502

BKKbill

I just got one for my daughter for university and she just loves it. The next computer will be a iMac for me as soon as the upgrade comes.

5. Foxglove9 macrumors 65816

Foxglove9

Yeah all the starbucks around here are like that. You just see a room full of glowing Apples from the backs of their laptops.

6. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

though i see an increasing number of macbooks and macs overall, i'm very impressed with how aware people are of the mac brand. people are starting to realize that apple actually makes computers and not just ipods. more people are asking me to give them advice about buying a mac. i even have a friend who's turned off by apple, because it's so "mainstream" to own a mac. when did macs become so popular?

7. letswastetime macrumors regular

i was just in the apple store tonight buying my first mac - a 2.16Ghz macbook for uni in august. everyone i saw was buying the same white macbook so im thinking i made a good choice :D

8. rhagen macrumors regular

I joined the party also and picked up a mid range MacBook for my University as well.

9. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

Yeah I've noticed that as well. For example, yesterday the only notebook I saw at the Metreon in SF was a MacBook.

...Then again, sometimes I wonder if there are plenty of PCs out there, but I just don't bother noticing them. :D

10. Steve Jobs=God macrumors 6502

Only ever seen one person in my work with a Apple laptop, Had a White MacBook, So sat next to him and pulled my 17' MBP out, found out he's just as obsessed with Apple as i am

11. kymac macrumors 6502a

kymac

yea all my friends are getting macbooks from their parents for graduation. it seems like if you get a computer for college these days.. its a mac.

12. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I went to a Microsoft-sponsored software development event a couple of months ago (focussing on Microsoft's development tools etc) and about half of the attendees with laptops had Macs. I'm going to another one next month so we'll see what happens there too :)

13. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

Of course. As has been reported in the press, Apple is selling portables at unprecedented levels, at least for Apple, and in remarkable volume by any standard. The Intel transition has heralded the second coming of the Mac.

14. Osarkon macrumors 68020

Osarkon

They're starting to pop up all over University here as well, and seeing as I'm normally busy troubleshooting Windows PC's it's a nice break when someone has a problem with their mac because i know it's going to be easy to sort (Example: internet wouldn't work, the girl had forced the ethernet cable into the wall the wrong way).

:D

15. joepunk macrumors 68030

joepunk

I've seen a few at the local Community College.

Was watching a local news channel recently and they covered some sort of MS thing. Don't know what it was about but the Renton MS workroom being shown was full of Apple Displays.

Can't decide if I should give my parents my current PB and I get a MBP or I just tell them to get a MB.

Thought about an old Pismo for them. But then again I love those. :p

16. drake macrumors 6502a

drake

Seeing hoards of sheeple in Starbucks using Macbooks wouldn't persuade me to buy one.

17. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

Yeah, those macbook are popular. However, I notice that Mac users tend to show off their stuff a bit more. I have a friend who owns a Dell laptop, and although he carries it everywhere, he rarely takes it out unless he has to. On the other hand, my friend with a powerbook almost never has it in his bag. Maybe it's just too shaming to have your PC brick shown to the world.;)

18. 2hondas macrumors regular

Yep, I just got my mid white Macbook on Wednesday, with a 30 GB iPod video white, as a grad gift! :D

19. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

I love MacBooks! Hell, I own one! Very portable too.

20. FleurDuMal macrumors 68000

FleurDuMal

Yeah, break the mold, fight the system and buy an, erm, Dell...:confused: ;)

21. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

The other laptops are kept in their bags......where they belong!

Or yes, I usually notice Macs more. Of course, I also notice pretty girls more than the fuglies.

22. nsbio macrumors 6502a

nsbio

Plenty of MBs at coffee houses here in NC. But I am still holding on to my G4 PB - I must use one Classic program that I can not part with....

23. nightelf macrumors 6502

About 6 friends have MacBooks, and everyone keeps asking my dad about his MacBook.

They look great, are powerful, and have nice features.

24. Kashchei macrumors 65816

Kashchei

This was the most common computer that I saw during my recent 2-month stay in Europe (France & Switzerland).

25. seahawk09 thread starter macrumors regular

I think Steve jobs is doing a great job in trying to bring apple out of the dark after so many years I own a 30gig ipod and love it. I hope one day that apple passes Windows in sales that would be a chuckle:)