Seeing Beachballs on Safari

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by fireworksdesign, Feb 6, 2012.

1. fireworksdesign macrumors member

This is kinda getting disappointing, everytime i open like 3 or more tabs, i load a 2 youtube videos, then the beachballs keep on appearing , the air sorta hangs up for a few seconds and makes it really slow. What's causing this? Should I empty the cache often every time i close my air ? reset safari ?

Other apps that are opened are usually adium, skype and mail only. im on an air 13 inch i5 128ssd

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Flash on websites will put high demands on your CPU/GPU. For Flash issues:
    For general performance: Performance Tips For Mac OS X

3. blow45 macrumors 68000

I wouldn't think beachballs on a couple of tabs with flash is acceptable behaviour, I would take it to apple for a look. Ok flash is best to be avoided, and it will soon be a relic (not soon enough though) but not in this kind of usage it shouldn't be beachballing safari, and I m not sure the issue is flash here...

Emptying the cache or resetting safari are half measures on a scenario that shouldn't be happening to begin with.

4. fireworksdesign thread starter macrumors member

unfortunately, we dont have an apple store here in our city, i can call for apple support though , it doesnt really bother me that much , but when it happens rarely, i get to lose those videos that have been loaded in hd, and it refreshes, takes minutes too since my net connection is not that fast.

i have installed click to flash before, ill try installing it again, and follow the tips you have mentioned.

What is it with tabs that refresh? Ex, i open like 4 tabs, blogs, not flash sites, and all of a sudden safari refreshes the tabs to Untitled ? Is this a bug ?

5. blow45 macrumors 68000

been happening to me lately too but on an old white 24" imac, could be a bug I don't know. If you don't want to keep reloading your videos you might want to get some extension for chrome or safari and have them download too, takes some digging to find a decent one, maybe a few minutes or so.