Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

petrucci666

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 30, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
At work I often schedule conference calls with more than 1 person involved.

Scheduling this requires me to see my colleague's schedule and coordinate around a time that works for him.

How do I see his calendar in my iCal just to check his availability?

We are both setup through Google Apps.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
You buddy will need to logon to his Google Calendar web page and in settings click "share" to share the calendar with you. This will provide a link you can use to add the calendar to iCal.

petrucci666

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 30, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
You buddy will need to logon to his Google Calendar web page and in settings click "share" to share the calendar with you. This will provide a link you can use to add the calendar to iCal.

We're both in the same company, part of the same directory. Isn't it automatic that I can see his availability.

I don't schedule directly from his calendar, I just need to see when he is busy or not.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
We're both in the same company, part of the same directory. Isn't it automatic that I can see his availability.

I don't schedule directly from his calendar, I just need to see when he is busy or not.

I have not used Google Apps for corporate (it appears that is what you have?), so I am not familiar with using it to search for busy times for other users. To actually see another users schedule though, I believe that user will have to allow you access.

From reading this it looks like you can look for open times without actually seeing the other users calendar. But this is in Google Calendar. Not sure how you would do the same in iCal.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.