Seeing XP shares in Leopard

Discussion in 'macOS' started by jjo, Nov 1, 2007.

1. jjo macrumors member

jjo

I'm a little confused why my XP shares are no longer visible on my Leopard install. I was able to view my PC workstations in Tiger, but the new left "SHARED" panel only shows other Macs on the network.

Is there a setting somewhere I need to check to allow Leopard to see PCs?

Thanks.

BTW, I can see my Leopard MacBook on my XP workstation, but I can't see any of my XP workstations on my MacBook (and yes, I have shared folders on my XP workstations).

Did my installation of SharePoints have anything to do with this? Is SharePoints 3.5.4 not 100% compatible with Leopard?

It's a little frustrating that I can't figure this out. It appeared to be easier in Tiger.

In Tiger, all I did was click on "Network" in the left panel, and after a few seconds, all the Windows Workgroups appeared. But in Leopard, if I browse the network, all I see are other Macs, no workgroups where the PCs would reside.

Is there some setting in Leopard that "opens up" the world of the PC Workgroups?

2. netnothing macrumors 68040

netnothing

Did you block all incoming connections in the firewall on Leopard?

I did that and suddenly I lost the ability to see my PC shares.

-Kevin

3. jjo thread starter macrumors member

jjo

I never set it to block anything, unless that's the default.

Where do I check this?

And would the firewall on the MacBook prevent the SEEING of other PCs? Iw ould think the firewall would block the other way around.

And why, then, can I easily see all other Macs on the network and just not PCs?