Seeking advice

scan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 24, 2005
What would you suggest?

I'm looking for a new set up. I currently have a PC desktop and an Apple PB for portability.

After some research I've decided to wait until the new "Merom" cores are implemented. I've come up with these two scenarios:

1. get an iMac to replace my pc, keep my lcd display, and set up a dual display. get a windows laptop to replace my powerbook.

2. get a 15" macbook pro to replace my pc and laptop. With it I can set up dual display, mirroring, and boot windows from it.

What I need is a laptop that can run windows because I need my laptop to run certain window applications.

blodwyn

macrumors 65816
Jul 28, 2004
Portland, Oregon
scan said:
What would you suggest?

I'm looking for a new set up. I currently have a PC desktop and an Apple PB for portability.

After some research I've decided to wait until the new "Merom" cores are implemented. I've come up with these two scenarios:

1. get an iMac to replace my pc, keep my lcd display, and set up a dual display. get a windows laptop to replace my powerbook.

2. get a 15" macbook pro to replace my pc and laptop. With it I can set up dual display, mirroring, and boot windows from it.

What I need is a laptop that can run windows because I need my laptop to run certain window applications.
Why have 2 systems when you can do it all on the MBP? I'd go for option 2.

scan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 24, 2005
when is leopard coming out? you think i should wait for that too?