Seeking Apple Email

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Macaroooon, Mar 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Macaroooon macrumors 6502

I didn't really know where else to post this.

I'm looking for an email address of someone who works at apple that I can contact about an issue I have with my MBP (screen has cracked randomly) to both complain, and also ask why the people who work at Apple stores can not tell me if they have a certain part in.

Who would be best to contact (I've rang apple care several times)? And could you provide their email?

2. Brian Y macrumors 68040

There is no such email address.

Also - they don't diagnose over the phone. If this is a spin off from your other thread - I still don't see the problem. You're going to need to leave it with them for the repair anyway, so what does it matter if they have the part in or not?

3. Macaroooon thread starter macrumors 6502

I see.

My issue is I am student, and I live in Wales, so to get to Manchester/ London it'll cost me £25/ £50 respectively. When I rang on the phone I explained the situation and asked if it was possible to know if the part (the screen) was in stock so that I would know it could be repaired as soon as possible. I understand I'll have to lave it there regardless, but I am in the middle of very important exams, and also have various write ups ongoing, so I really need my laptop at the moment. The screen is getting worse, one of the cracks has extended across the whole screen.

I wanted to also ask about the problem, I just don't understand it at all.

4. Brian Y macrumors 68040

And as I said in the other thread - you can send it to AppleCare instead. Or you could go to the store in cardiff.

5. Macaroooon thread starter macrumors 6502

I saw that, I worried that sending it off to Apple Care may take longer?

6. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

Usually they take about a week (at least a work week (7 work days) in my two occasions).

7. Macaroooon thread starter macrumors 6502

I see, in store would be be about the same? I also felt in store I could actually explain what happened properly, as I think I'll have to fight this one very hard if I even want them to cover part of it.

8. Brian Y macrumors 68040

I doubt they'll cover it. It looked like accidental damage to me.

9. Macaroooon thread starter macrumors 6502

I doubt it to, but it wasn't accidental damage.

10. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

I never used my AppleCare in a store, to busy. Do you still have apple care? You can check at the Apple site AppleCare Agreement Status.

11. Macaroooon thread starter macrumors 6502

I don't seem to have registered it :/

Anyway, I bought my mac with the student discount in September, so my AppleCare lasts 1 year from then.

12. justperry, Mar 3, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2013

justperry macrumors G3

justperry

AppleCare is 3 years, warranty is one, or most likely more in the UK, expensive purchases do seem to get a longer standard warranty in UK/Europe dependable what's broken.

13. Macaroooon thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm sure that I have three years warranty on the student discount, at least that is what I was told on the phone.

I may just have to ring up apple care again and explain the situation to work out the quickest way around this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.