Seeking: AVI to DVD converting and burning program

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by AmbientEternity, Nov 10, 2009.

1. AmbientEternity macrumors newbie

AmbientEternity

I just started torrenting TV shows by the season. I want to burn them to DVDs.

They are all in AVI format, so they need to be converted. Therefore I'm searching for a program that will convert my AVI's to DVD format and burn them to my DVD-R's.

I tried out Wondershare DVD Creator, but when i tried to play the burned DVD on my PS2, the menu refused to stay on the first page of episodes, and wouldn't accept any on-screen commands.

When I tried the Burned DVD on my DVD player, it seems to work fine, but the main issue there is that the audio on my DVD player is shot.

If anybody has any experience with a better program they can suggest (preferable free), I'd love if you could share it.

-Ambient.

2. davidcmc macrumors regular

3. AmbientEternity thread starter macrumors newbie

AmbientEternity

Oh. Guess I was just being silly then.

A friend of mine actually gave me a torrent for DVD Toaster the same day I posted this thread, and it's amazing.

4. Bennieboy© macrumors 65816

Bennieboy©

you could just burn the avi's to dvd with roxio toast, and they would play on a games console, ps2,3 not sure about xbox though,

5. GilesM macrumors 6502

You could convert them using "Visual Hub' and then use iDVD to make a DVD from the resulting files.