Seeking: BMW 5-Series Born Again Commercial

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by j3tang, May 15, 2007.

1. j3tang macrumors regular

I've seen a recent BMW commercial for their 5-series which shows pieces of the actual car "morphing" into shape out of nothing. At the end of the commercial it says "Born Again". So this will forever be known to me as the "Born Again" commercial :p

I was wondering if anyone has seen it (on TV or online), and know where I can download or view it online?

I've searched youtube and google videos and have had no luck.

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I have done a fair amount of looking myself and cannot find so I hope someone does.

3. iGav macrumors G3

I don't think this is being broadcast in the UK at the moment, the only one I recall seeing recently is the See How It Feels campaign.

Your best bet is to either directly email BMW North America/Canada and ask them (they'll have the information to hand) or to note down which channel the ad is broadcast on and call the TV station, they'll have a schedule not only telling you when it's next due to be broadcast, but they'll also have at the very least the name of the advertising company that produced it.

4. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

5. j3tang thread starter macrumors regular

I just emailed BMW Canada, but i think the chances are slim that they would have the commercial for download. These big companies should do what Apple does with their ads, make them available for download :)

Thanks for that link to the nice ad too, that one is really neat too!

6. iGav macrumors G3

They probably won't, but they should at least be able to provide the proper name for the advert (which will make it easier to search for) and possibly the ad/post company too, and it's bound to be on the website of the post house that produced it. ;)

I know that WCRS is BMW's advertising company, but I'm not sure if that purely the UK, pan-european or global so you could also try emailing them. ;)

7. iGav macrumors G3

Righty then, WCRS handle BMW UK only, so we can rule that one out.

GSDM are BMW's North American agency, and they may, just may cover BMW Canada too.

8. j3tang thread starter macrumors regular

got reply from BMW Canada:

"sorry, we do not have any of our commercials as downloads"

:rolleyes:

9. iGav macrumors G3

That's an odd response. You did ask who produced it yes? and not just if they had it for D/L?

What exactly did they say?

10. j3tang thread starter macrumors regular

the exact contents of the reply was:

yup, i did ask who produced it, but they neglected to answer the question i guess.
    i find that is the case a lot when asking questions; replies often come back without answering all the questions in an inquiry. Not just talking about companies, but including ebay, other forum buy/sell/trade-ers ..

[rant]
    and while i'm ranting, i also find that emails sent to companies are never quoted in their replies, so subsequent replies will have lost information that was brought up before and they beat around the bush and waste time :s

it was the worst when i was emailing Lego. not only did they not even quote the previous messages, but they had multiple service people who answered emails since it was a generic help email address, so nobody knows who said what
    [/rant]

11. iGav macrumors G3

Righty then, Cundari handled the 'Born Again' (that's it's actual name, you were right ;)) campaign.

Contact them, but this time don't mention if there is anywhere to download it, merely ask if it is viewable online, and if they could provide you with any further information with regards to it's production etc. ;)

12. j3tang thread starter macrumors regular

thanks for the tip!

I've emailed them and hopefully can get a nice reply :)

Will keep updated!

13. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

Maybe someone can record it from TV and upload it...? I've been trying to find the "Pre-collison Intelligence" ad from Lexus as well.

14. iGav macrumors G3

Here's the press release.

Have you got a brief description of the ad so I know what to look out for? Then we'll see what we can find. :)

15. iGav macrumors G3

Righty then... over a year later, I think that I may well have found it... *crosses fingers & fumbs* :D

You'll be wanting to click on Stephen Berger, then BMW/Road. ;)