Seeking great screen capture for Snow Leopard

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by MacFanJeff, Sep 17, 2010.

1. MacFanJeff macrumors regular

I am trying to find an updated screen capture program (not video recording, just stills) that works well in Snow Leopard and will run OK in 64bit mode too. One of my favorite old programs from Windows was called "Hypersnap" and I would like to find something that good or better for the Mac. In that program you could do things like add highlights to the image, draw arrows or place clip art on the image too. After looking at Google, I just could not find anything like that, at least current for Snow Leopard use.

Thanks for any recommendations or advice.

2. Daark macrumors member

You could always use Grab (in Utilities) or if you want something a little more advanced use the Snagit Beta for Mac. I use the latter quite regularly with no complaints

3. mags631 Guest

I use a combination of the built-in commands to take screen shots (guide found on MacRumors) and Preview which allows you to annotate images with shapes and text. I believe you should be able to copy and past clip art and move that around too (can't confirm -- on work pc).

4. MacFanJeff thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks, SnagIt is the sort of program I was looking for and seems very nice. Trying out the Beta now and plan to buy.