Seeking Help with App Development!

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by bennj95, Jul 5, 2012.

1. bennj95 macrumors newbie

I am a 16 year old aspiring programmer and I am very new to the industry.

What is the first step to take in developing an application that would require the consent of a company. Within the applicatiion, the business' products will be promoted. Do I reach out to the company involved first? Or do I try to organize the application with a developer before moving on. For anyone who has created an application: Who or what, specifically, did you use to get you started? Is there an online source available? Do you have any develepors who can get my foot in the door?
    In short: Where do I start?
    Thanks.

2. 1458279 Suspended

I'd start one of two ways:
    1. Go to the company with the idea, start making calls and emails and research as to who's who at the company.

2. Build a working prototype app to show the concept, then make contact with them.

The reason for this is that you limit how much time you've got invested in it. It's hard to say how they would feel about the app, so the second approach allow you to show them.

If you're looking to making money, you may want to not give them all of your idea (at least until you get something signed), so that they don't take your idea and go forward with it.