Seeking iMac 20" G4 1.25GHz

Discussion in 'Apple Collectors' started by macintoshxiii, Mar 30, 2011.

1. macintoshxiii, Mar 30, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2011

macintoshxiii macrumors regular

macintoshxiii

I have been hunting high and low in most website in several countries looking for this unit that is working with all the accessories that comes with it and if possible the box as well! I've been looking for this unit for a long time, despite there are some units going around the internet but too much flaws... some without this and some without that and worst of all... they charge too high. Anyone with such unit and interested to sell may contact me @ applewerk@gmail.com. Refurbished Unit with original parts intact welcome. Thank you very much.

2. Joshuarocks macrumors 6502

Joshuarocks

Why would you want this? Is it because you want to turn it into a lamp shade?

3. MacTech68 macrumors 68000

MacTech68

Probably because it's the "top of the line" iMac G4. If you like the "iLamp", "iStalk" or "iMac G4" design, it's the best one to get. Also has USB 2.

:)

4. macintoshxiii, Mar 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2011

macintoshxiii thread starter macrumors regular

macintoshxiii

I wanted that unit for my collection! My past time hobby is to go seek for exotic Apple products ideally working with packaging if possible. Do you have such a beautiful, working unit available?

Yes indeed, it has an awesome design and it's absolutely great piece of technology! Well, do you have anything to offer me?

5. Hrududu macrumors 68020

Hrududu

There are a few on eBay USA right now. Granted, they're expensive, but they are available.

6. MacTech68 macrumors 68000

MacTech68

Sadly, no. It's one that I'd be after myself. I am yet to get ANY iMac G4 in my collection. :(

7. ryannel2003 macrumors 68000

ryannel2003

The 20" models are ridiculously expensive right now. I paid $100 for my 800MHz 17" iMac G4, a pretty good deal if you ask me. It was a little bit beat up when I got it but after a good cleaning it looks great. I bought it for the same reason you want the 20"... it's a gorgeous machine. Sometimes I just stare at it because it's so awesome looking.

Good luck with you're search. I'm sure you'll find one eventually.

8. Joshuarocks macrumors 6502

Joshuarocks

Would you ever use it for some day to day tasks, or just want to collect it? 1.25Ghz isn't that slow for basics.. I use a PB G4 1.67 for everyday stuff and with my new SSD I just installed, it works quite nicely..

9. macintoshxiii thread starter macrumors regular

macintoshxiii

Thanks man.... I need it for basic but mainly for collection actually. And indeed the prices are pretty steep from eBay! Moreover they won't ship worldwide! I am open for anyone who has a pretty decent unit to sell.... I'm waiting! =) Or anyone knows any store in Australia etc? Please advise... thanks guys! *feeling very demoralizing right now.............

10. macintoshxiii thread starter macrumors regular

macintoshxiii

Thanks Ryan. Please do update me if you have got anyone you know wanna sell it off, please come to me! Email me! Thank you a million times!

11. mkjj, Apr 5, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2011

mkjj macrumors 6502a

mkjj

I have just decommissioned my 17" iMac G4 which has served me very well. I bought it new in 2003 and for the last couple of years has mainly be used for email. Now that we both have iPads (and the dining room needed redecorating!) it has been moved to the study as part of my collection.
    Can't part with it yet though, best design ever, it is as new and complete with the original box, additional iSight webcam.
    Pic attached is final swan song!

Will take some decent pics and post of Flickr account over the next few days.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mac-collection/

Attached Files:

12. macintoshxiii thread starter macrumors regular

macintoshxiii

Hi, can you please drop me an email for your desired offer? Thank you very much.

13. mkjj macrumors 6502a

mkjj

Ah sorry, not for sale just yet! maybe one day but at the moment I want to keep hold of it.