Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrmister

Suspended
Original poster
Dec 19, 2008
Title says it all—I'm looking for an easy way to toggle from LTE straight to Edge on my iPhone 5. NCSettings doesn't do this anymore, and never did it well. I tried Smart 3G + LTE, but it is having lots of errors, and it isn't actually a toggle—I don't need it automated, I'd like the ability to just control when I go to Edge and back myself.

Anyone have something like this that they are using?

swordfish5736

macrumors 68000
Jun 29, 2007
Cesspool
do you have a 3G toggle in settings to disable it? At least with NCsettings it states in the description and recent changes that if your device does not have a 3G toggle by default NCsettings will not add one.

You can use the 3G toggle in NCsettings to enable and disable LTE but that will just get you off of LTE and onto 3G/4G not onto edge

mrmister

Suspended
Original poster
Dec 19, 2008
Yes, I understand all of that. That's why I am looking for a toggle that will go from LTE/3G to Edge.

swordfish5736

macrumors 68000
Jun 29, 2007
Cesspool
Yes, I understand all of that. That's why I am looking for a toggle that will go from LTE/3G to Edge.

If your carrier profile doesnt support it at least at this point it doesnt seem possible.

why do you want to turn off LTE & 3G but keep edge on?

tperry

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2011
East Texas
Seeking LTE/Edge Toggle for Verizon iPhone 5

If your carrier profile doesnt support it at least at this point it doesnt seem possible.

why do you want to turn off LTE & 3G but keep edge on?

My curiosity is when did Verizon get Edge? LTE, EV-DO, IS-95 and 1x I am familiar with, but was not aware that Verizon did GSM technology.
For the OP,only way I know to disable LTE for sure is to go to settings->general->cellular and choose the "Turn off LTE" option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
My curiosity is when did Verizon get Edge? LTE, EV-DO, IS-95 and 1x I am familiar with, but was not aware that Verizon did GSM technology.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

They didn't, EV-DO is their "edge", the OP is confused.

mrmister

Suspended
Original poster
Dec 19, 2008
Yes, I'd like to do it to save battery, especially as most of the time I have WiFi.

And yes—I used to be on AT&T, so I keep forgetting it's called EV-DO on the Verizon network. So technically I am looking for an LTE toggle that lets me go down to EVDO.

And yes, I know the carrier profile doesn't want to allow it. But since we're jailbreaking here, I'm asking if anyone knows how to.

tperry

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2011
East Texas
Yes, I'd like to do it to save battery, especially as most of the time I have WiFi.

And yes—I used to be on AT&T, so I keep forgetting it's called EV-DO on the Verizon network. So technically I am looking for an LTE toggle that lets me go down to EVDO.

And yes, I know the carrier profile doesn't want to allow it. But since we're jailbreaking here, I'm asking if anyone knows how to.

;) I figured that was what you were referring to, and were an ex AT&T customer. NCSettings is NOT reliable. Just got to playing with it, and turned it off and on 4 times in a row (it worked) and after the fourth one - the phone rebooted into safe mode. I don't think their is an "easy toggle" yet that works reliably.

swordfish5736

macrumors 68000
Jun 29, 2007
Cesspool

Do you have issues with the battery not lasting long enough on LTE or 3G? It seems like on my 5(ATT) when its connected to wifi it doesnt connect to LTE anyway just 3g/4g. Then once wifi is off it picks up LTE if its available.

If you are only doing this when connected to wifi why not just turn cellular data off when connected and then back on when you leave wifi?

check out batterydoctorpro: http://cydiaupdates.net/pkg/com.ijinshan.kbatterydoctorpro

I haven't used it but it looks like it may or may not toggle 3g for you.

While we're at it I'd also like an LTE toggle.
Anything available yet for sbsettings?

NCsettings made the "3G" toggle LTE. I use NCsettings but not for LTE, i added it to test and it worked on my 5.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.