Seeking other MAC MINI owners..how do you like yours?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by trek1500, Jul 14, 2008.

1. trek1500 macrumors member

trek1500

Being new to the APPLE world I decided to spring for a MAC MINI mainly to save money..I wanted a Macbook but I already have 3 laptops.

This MINI is replacing my Dell Dimension 8300...my video card died and I'm too lazy to replace it...however I will eventually and my sister will inherit the machine.

Anyways..I did a lot of research on You Tube and online and felt like this would be a good value and if I ever get that 42 inch LCD for my living room this would be a nice addition to my media center.

Anyways would be interested in reading some feedback from any new MINI owners such as myself!

2. Silver-Fox macrumors 65816

Silver-Fox

There pretty good, just dont expect superb graphical performance, good little machine though

3. merl1n macrumors 65816

merl1n

I love mine. It's a powerful little machine and mine drives 3TB of mirrored storage drives.

4. RealaT macrumors regular

I use my Mac Mini as the main desktop machine in my house. It's not the most powerful machine i've owned, but it sure is the nicest to use, my study has never been so quite since I migrated to mac :D

5. mpshay macrumors 6502

I've got two of them and they are perfect for serving content to my HDTVs. Small, quiet and Front row makes accessing the media easy enough my 4 year old can do it.

6. reclusivemonkey macrumors 6502

reclusivemonkey

I love mine. Its plenty powerful for my needs (mostly surfing, photo management) but it can also handle making simple home movies. Its really compact and virtually silent. If you're not doing anything heavy it will be fine. I also considered like you that if I ever did decide to upgrade, the Mini will easily make a great transition to a media centre.

7. poopyhead macrumors 6502a

poopyhead

love mine.
    use it as a media server and have it hooked up to my tv, stereo, and an extra hard drive.

works great and upconverts dvds nicely

8. trek1500 thread starter macrumors member

trek1500

Thanks for all the comments! I've only had mine for 1 day and it's nice hearing feedback from other users..