seeking reliable ssd after vertex 2 problems

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by simp, Jun 21, 2011.

1. simp macrumors newbie

Hi:-

I put a Vertex 2 120GB into the optibay of my 2006 macbook pro and have been running into the dreaded "invalid node count" error...

So I'm going to RMA it in the hope that it works better in the 2006 white macbook...

And replace it with something a bit more boring and reliable... It's going through the ATA port via the optibay, so its performance will be squeezed anyhow...

I'm looking at the Samsung 470 or the Intel X25-M - anyone care to comment or make any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance...

2. fibrizo macrumors 6502

fibrizo

Comparing my x-25m to other sandforce drives, Vertex 2 I have and more... the x-25m is the fastest in usage (benchmark numbers point to higher values on vertex 2. but the x-25m boots the fastest and feels faster in usage)

I have had some issues with failures of sandforce drives and data loss. No issues with x-25m. Rock solid performance.

But they don't sell the x-25m any more. They sell the 320 series, which is a faster, and supposedly more stable version of the x-25m

3. Apple Expert macrumors 65816

4. simp thread starter macrumors newbie

5. Philflow macrumors 65816

Samsung 470. Better garbage collection than Intel and the lowest failure rate on Newegg.