Seeking user Beats Studio 3 reviews

Nikhil72

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2005
Received mine on Tuesday of this past week. Have used them in a busy NYC cafe, the subway, busy streets, at home, and on a plane. Noise cancelling is excellent; close but not as good as Bose but 90% there with better looks, a preferred sound signature (ie with liveliness), W1 pairing. I have the grey and gold and love them. They’re comfortable (vs the Solo3 which I couldn’t wear) and battery is fantastic. During my 2.5 hour flight with music at 50%, I went from 100 to 96%.

Reactions: MacManiac76

Aluminum213

macrumors 68040
Mar 16, 2012
Bought it earlier today. Much more comfortable than the previous studio and the ANC is pretty damn good.
[doublepost=1507488996][/doublepost]Bought it earlier today. Much more comfortable than the previous studio and the ANC is pretty damn good.

Reactions: Nikhil72

Untapped Potential

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 3, 2017
Bought it earlier today. Much more comfortable than the previous studio and the ANC is pretty damn good.
[doublepost=1507488996][/doublepost]Bought it earlier today. Much more comfortable than the previous studio and the ANC is pretty damn good.
Which color did you get?

shuttaman

macrumors member
Aug 12, 2017
I want to get them but Apple really should have included a lightning to 3.5mm jack male to male audio cable that could connect to iPhone 7's and above.

henree

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2017
Where are you buying these? I haven't seen them in any stores in my area. San Francisco.

Aluminum213

macrumors 68040
Mar 16, 2012
Which color did you get?
matte black, looks exactly like the previous model just now says "studio3" on the side
[doublepost=1507561755][/doublepost]
Where are you buying these? I haven't seen them in any stores in my area. San Francisco.
just go to the Apple Store and check, according to the app it wasn't available in any Apple Store in NYC but I went to one anyway that showed it didn't have it and they had what I wanted

Last edited:

Aluminum213

macrumors 68040
Mar 16, 2012
Been using it all day, battery barely moved and I have't charged it once since taking it out the box yesterday. One thing they definitely got right is the battery in this thing

AustinIllini

macrumors demi-goddess
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX
I noticed a bit of a difference from the Studio Wireless, but not worth the large price tag. I went ahead and sent them back two days after getting them.

Looking at trying some other options.

Nikhil72

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2005
After a week of owning them, I’m in love with them. Lively, clean sound with easy W1 pairing and amazing battery life in a comfortable and nice looking over ear. Can’t think of anything missing (except lightning charging).

Reactions: Aluminum213

Untapped Potential

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 3, 2017
After a week of owning them, I’m in love with them. Lively, clean sound with easy W1 pairing and amazing battery life in a comfortable and nice looking over ear. Can’t think of anything missing (except lightning charging).
Are they as comfortable as the bose qc35? Have you ran/workout with them? Which color did you get?

Nikhil72

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2005
Are they as comfortable as the bose qc35? Have you ran/workout with them? Which color did you get?
I have the grey and gold ones. I have airpods for workouts, couldn’t fathom running with over ears just based on heat production. I find them to be as comfortable as my QC35s with the benefit of being better looking. They’re about the same weight from what I remember.

macross87

macrumors member
Oct 6, 2017
Picked up mine today from the Apple store. I didn't preorder. They are nice and more comfortable on the year from my Solo3's. Setup was just as easy, no issues there. The case is larger, which makes since as the unit is larger, but size may be a factor with some people. The Solo3 would rest on my ears, which made the feeling rather hard on the upper parts of my ears. This may vary from person to person. The Studio3's fit around my ear and they are very comfortable.

The NC feature on the Studio is a great add-on compared to the Solo which didn't have it. While I am not on an airplane today, the NC ability to block, or drown out, the noise at Starbucks is great!

Untapped Potential

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 3, 2017
I have the grey and gold ones. I have airpods for workouts, couldn’t fathom running with over ears just based on heat production. I find them to be as comfortable as my QC35s with the benefit of being better looking. They’re about the same weight from what I remember.
I like the airpods but they won't stay in my ears while running....

Nikhil72

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2005
You could try those old school foam pads, or removable hooks for workouts if it’s only then that they fall out...

AustinIllini

macrumors demi-goddess
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX
Went ahead and split the difference between the Solo3 and the Studio3 and went with Sennheiser 4.50 BTNC. Amazing set of headphones for only $200. Not quite the Noise Cancelling of the Studio3 but a lot more than the Solo3.

Aluminum213

macrumors 68040
Mar 16, 2012
My impressions after a few days now

+ fantastic battery
+ very comfortable for all day use
+ great sound... if you listen to a lot of hip hop like I do, but still the most balanced headset that Beats has made
+ ANC is very impressive
+ W1
+ looks great (I got the matte black)
- Price, yes you’re paying $100+ extra because it’s the Beats name

Reactions: Dontcallmetiger

Dontcallmetiger

macrumors member
Jul 13, 2016
Walked into my local Apple store and picked up the shadow grays today.

Used them on the elliptical and throughout my workout with no problem. Coming from the solo3’s they really did a great job lowering the bass (and I looooved the bassy solos) but the studios have a more refined and clear sound. The ANC will make you feel like you’ve never actually heard the music due to the amount of background noise that gets drowned out. Definitely would recommend. Also if you turn it up past 75% (which is unnecessary due to ANC) you get that bassiness that beats is known for.

Aluminum213

macrumors 68040
Mar 16, 2012
Walked into my local Apple store and picked up the shadow grays today.

Used them on the elliptical and throughout my workout with no problem. Coming from the solo3’s they really did a great job lowering the bass (and I looooved the bassy solos) but the studios have a more refined and clear sound. The ANC will make you feel like you’ve never actually heard the music due to the amount of background noise that gets drowned out. Definitely would recommend. Also if you turn it up past 75% (which is unnecessary due to ANC) you get that bassiness that beats is known for.
I seriously cannot imagine working out in these $350 over the ear headphones, don’t you sweat when you exercise?