Seemingly stuck during restore

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by izzabee2, Nov 27, 2011.

1. izzabee2 macrumors newbie

Hello! I REALLY need some advice on how to fix an issue I am having. I am trying to update my iPhone from IOS4 to IOS5, and it is getting "stuck" on the screen that says "Restoring iPhone Software." The computer is not frozen...it just has not moved since it got to like 3 or 4 millimeters down the progress bar - 2 HOURS AGO. Still completely functional - just not making progress.

I don't know if I should just leave it, or if it is broken. I have an iPhone 3GS.

Any advice would be MOST appreciated.

2. guitarbabs macrumors newbie

guitarbabs

did u try holding the home and hold button down until something happens? (usually 6 - 10 seconds)

3. izzabee2 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yep, just tells me to plug into iTunes. I called tech support and they told me to try and update from my new MacBook, but that didn't work :(. It said restore wasn't available on the new computer.

4. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

Download TinyUmbrella, run it, and then select 'Exit Recovery' while your iPhone is plugged in. Then get your iPhone into DFU mode and then restore via iTunes.