Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xriderx11

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 26, 2010
Ok, I have been having a lot of problems with my macbook pro 2010 verzion and apple replaced it with a brand new 2.4 intel I7 quad core.

This happened 2 days ago and I just relized they are updating the macbook pros soon!!!! (like 3 days!)

Should I sell my 2 day Macbook pro for 1900$ (its originally 2300$ with tax) Before the new ones are released so I can get the newer one? LOL

Feed Me

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2012
Location Location
LOL THIS IS REDICULUZ
I'd sell it for as muhc as you can get!!! LOL
Then put in some extra cash and you'll be on your way to a brand new 2012 model for just a couple hundred bucks!! XD

I got my MBP from Verizon too I'm not sure what others on this thread are on about!! LOLz XD they dum

Gud loock OP I hope to see you in COD soon!

88 King

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2011
London, UK
I don't think it is selfish or ridiculous doing what you suggest. Verizon sold you a lemon that was not fit for purpose and consider the amount of time you probably wasted dealing with all the problems, a replacement is the least they can do.

Southernboyj

macrumors 68000
Mar 8, 2012
Mobile, AL
Ok, I have been having a lot of problems with my macbook pro 2010 verzion and apple replaced it with a brand new 2.4 intel I7 quad core.

This happened 2 days ago and I just relized they are updating the macbook pros soon!!!! (like 3 days!)

Should I sell my 2 day Macbook pro for 1900$ (its originally 2300$ with tax) Before the new ones are released so I can get the newer one? LOL

Is this proof that the 2012 models will also feature 4G LTE?

mac jones

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2006
I will refrain from the Verizon jab as every poster here has already used up the hilarity.

I will suggest that you sell it and take the money and use it to buy the newer machine. I suggest you do this like now.

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
You can return it Apple for store credit. Then wait until the refresh and purchase the new machine with said store credit. No need to sell it, since the latter would mean losing money.

xriderx11

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 26, 2010
You can return it Apple for store credit. Then wait until the refresh and purchase the new machine with said store credit. No need to sell it, since the latter would mean losing money.

I can return it for store credit even though they gave it to me for free?

will they give me store credit for the 1,800$ I first spent or the 2,200$ new laptop they gave me?

____

The only thing i like about the new non-retina mbp is that its Nvidia 650M which is better than this model.

mustang_dvs

macrumors 6502a
Feb 9, 2003
Durham, NC

When I spoke to Executive Relations about replacing my problematic 2009 MBP, back in April, the senior associate suggested I wait until the keynote to request the replacement machine… which I did. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.