Seems I have the clicky noise going on.

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Hichisky, Mar 30, 2012.

  1. Hichisky macrumors member

    Nov 5, 2010
    In just receiving my new MacBook air 11" (A1370) I have noticed a (just slightly annoying) clicky like noise on the back panel. It is about right between the track pad and space bar. It mostly clicks when there is pressure on the back in this area, but can also click from pressure applied on the top between the track pad and the space bar. I looked up some images of the interior, and I think it may be the contact bar that transfers heat to the bottom metal panel.

    Nonetheless, I thought I might buy a pentalobe scewdriver as this should be an easy fix?

    I saw this one here:

    Would this do for removing the panel? I saw some on other websites, but they were going for 10+ which seems a little pricey for me considering I hope to only use it once.

    Also, is there an order at which you replace the screws in order to get the correct tension on the panel (I heard there was a pattern/order for the 13" model)?

  2. falterego macrumors 6502


    Dec 28, 2008
    Southern California
    I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work. I'd just be sure to use Paypal as with all eBay purchases.
  3. Hichisky thread starter macrumors member

    Nov 5, 2010
    Ok, I ordered it. :) I used paypal. I actually had to use it with this ebay item.

Share This Page