Seems like all cases/accessories on back order. Why didn't . . .

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Luba, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Luba macrumors 6502a

Luba

Seems like all new iPad cases/accessories on back order. Why didn't Apple at some point before the iPad announcement give out the dimension specs to the case makers?? These 3rd party vendors wouldn't know when the iPad would be available, but it would allow them to stockpile cases and accessories. It's no secret that a new iPad was coming, we just didn't know the tech specs or the dimension specs. Apple could keep the tech specs secret until big splash on announcement day.

Apple should have also announced they changed the way the Sleep function works with covers, that wouldn't give away any new tech features on the new iPad. Instead cases and covers are delayed even more as 3rd party case makers are all scrambling to update their manufacturing process. Meanwhile, I wouldn't want one of the cases in which they cut open the case cover in order to flip the magnets. It could be a clumsy hack job.

2. AcuraRL macrumors newbie

You should suggest this to Tim Cook. I'm sure no one at Apple thought of this. Good ideas.

3. Archer1440 macrumors 6502

Archer1440

Apple hasn't the slightest interest in sharing their plans with the third-party accessory firms. Apple wants you to buy a Smart Cover. That's their vision for how the device should be used. It's part of the corporate cultural philosophy.

If Apple were to, say, provide a snap cover for the rear, that would be tantamount to admitting that the aluminum is vulnerable in normal use and should be protected, which implies a design fault in the first place. So there's absolutely no incentive for Apple to support that sort of thing.

Sharks don't tell remoras where they're swimming to for their next meal...

4. tugger macrumors regular

tugger

Cracked me up. You're a wordsmith. :D

5. Nebrie macrumors 6502a

They used to do this for select case vendors. Guess who ran and blabbed to Macrumors as soon as they were told?