Seems like I have a longer warranty. Normal?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by crazydrumma, Apr 20, 2009.

1. crazydrumma macrumors regular

Hi guys,
    About a month ago I purchased a refurb 8 gb 3G from AT&T, and I was looking up the warranty information. I was under the impression that when you purchase a new iPhone, you get one year of Apple's limited warranty (unless you get applecare). Since I purchased a refurb, I was told I would have whatever warranty is left from the original purchaser (so, if they bought it February 09, the warranty would expire Feb. 2010). I looked up my warranty on apple.com, and it says that my limited warranty expires May 2010. I have had this phone around a month. Does this mean the person who owned the phone prior had purchased applecare? Because I still have over a year left of the warranty after having the refurb for almost a month. Weird!

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

3. crazydrumma thread starter macrumors regular

Yea, I guess so... The biggest gamble for me was buying a refurbished iPhone, just because I had heard you can end up with a crappy warranty experience. Has anyone else had experiences with refurb warranties?

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I dont think it makes a difference refurb warranty and regural warranty is still the same.
    If anything happens they'll replace it.

5. cellocello macrumors 68000

cellocello

No worries man - I just forwarded your info to Apple. They'll get this all sorted out for you.

Cheers!

6. crazydrumma thread starter macrumors regular

hmmph

7. StuddedLeather macrumors 6502a

Lol

It doesn't make sense to me though being that the iPhone 3G was not release until July 08'. . .So Even if the person brought Applecare it should still expire 2010 but after July.