Seems like no ATT shipments on Monday

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by brinycbri, Jul 14, 2008.

1. brinycbri macrumors 6502a

Despite not having any shipments Sunday, called around some ATT stores and they dont believe they will get shipments today....Yay,

2. gts197 macrumors regular

AT&T is really not getting anything. Its really terrible. You would think that they would get something. The pathetic 30-40 phones on launch day was pretty bad too.

3. FarSeide macrumors 6502a

FarSeide

and you think at&t is responsible for lack of shipment ? Who manufactures these phones anyway.

4. gts197 macrumors regular

I never said AT&T was responsible.

5. Sweetbike40 macrumors 65816

Sweetbike40

It seems the Apple stores around me are out this morning too.
    Have to keep in mind that these are selling worldwide, so i'd imagine that we would have a shortage. I guess there wasn't a shortage on the first iPhone because it was out of most people's price range. Personally, i'd never spend $600 on a phone!!

6. kclendaniel macrumors newbie

They have been telling people all weekend that they will have more in 7-10 days. Curiously that is the same timeframe as they are telling the people who are ordering. The simple fact of the matter is the stores are clueless but I can not see that Apple and AT&T would be so inept as to let the stores go without supply for that long. I would expect daily "weekday" shipments from here on out. Check back with those stores this afternoon and the story might change, most stores don't get their deliveries until after 10/11am anyway.

7. brinycbri thread starter macrumors 6502a

8. gts197 macrumors regular

At 1 during lunch I am going to check and see if the AT&T store got any in at all.

9. Wailord macrumors 6502

I was told (in-store) by an AT&T rep that a shipment was likely today and that shipments come around noon, but no guarantee iPhones will be there (but again, likely).

10. brinycbri thread starter macrumors 6502a

I wanted to wait for the lines to die, but it seems that it's not just over demand, but that there's jsut a shortage..no new shipments until wed or fri..

11. gts197 macrumors regular

No go at my local AT&T store.

12. brinycbri thread starter macrumors 6502a

Called up the one on times square...said no new shipments until next week!!!!!!

13. calvy macrumors 65816

I was told by my local AT&T store to check back after 1pm today. I just did, no luck. I went by Apple this morning at 10am when they opened, and they had none, but told me to check back after 1. I called at noon and they said they had received some, but sold them all already. So they must not have gotten more than 20 of them.

This game is a pain in the ass. I'm about done playing it, and thinking I should just sit back with my frist gen for a while.

14. brinycbri thread starter macrumors 6502a

i agree. okay production issues $uck, but i understand, it happens. but the lack of communication is pretty bad. especially when you are waiting in line

15. scorpio07 macrumors newbie

Anyone find out if your AT&T store got a shipment today?

16. Wailord macrumors 6502

No go at my AT&T, said tomorrow he thought they should get some... someone also told me that re: today, though...:rolleyes:

17. ogdogg macrumors 6502

People are waiting in line at the Apple store in Phoenix even though they're sold out. Everyone is convinced that a shipment is coming today. 100+ people all standing in line looking for a UPS truck... Quite odd... Nevertheless, I think it'll be at least another week before any of us walk into an Apple or AT&T store and buy a new iPhone.

18. joeconvert macrumors 6502

I agree with you on that. Went by my local store Saturday and Sunday. Got in line on Sunday. Apple employee walks down the line and says it is a 4 hour wait and there will be NO black iPhones of any kind left. Checked the availability tool last night and much to my surprise they listed all models in stock for today.

Seriously thinking about holding tight with first gen until the inevitable September event where the 8GB is phased out and we get the 16GB for $199.

19. Lavaboy macrumors newbie

Do you think they're maybe holding back supplies on purpose because they are having problems overloading the server and MobileMe is having so many issues (check that thread)? I'm not saying this is the case, but it may be possible. They may not want to add even more users until they get it sorted out.

20. brinycbri thread starter macrumors 6502a

i'm surprised they answer the phone, most ATT's here dont..i think it might have to do with their laziness or their inability as a phone company to answer a phone

21. mykoljay macrumors member

My local ATT store got a few 8gb ones around noon today, but no 16gb...so I passed.

22. kclendaniel macrumors newbie

Called around to stores in Columbus, OH. No new shipments of phones today. Company line seems to be no new phones in stores until the direct fulfillment orders are placed. Seems like they are pre-selling the stores future supplies since they are "direct" to the store and not to your home.

I called Premier Business Customer Service and their system could not place an order for me because I am an IRU customer and they were only taking orders for CRU customers.

23. El Carbonite macrumors regular

Same thing here in Sacramento, no new shipments until the DF orders are cleared out.