Seems like we finally got a proper USB 3.0 Hub

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by HFoletto, Mar 10, 2014.

1. HFoletto macrumors member

Hi, how are you?

I don't know how new this product is, but it isn't old, since I access Anker's website somewhat often.
    So, this seems to be the proper USB 3.0 Hub.
    What do you think?
    For me it seems perfect, because it has 7 ports and can charge and transfer data from all the 7 ports!
    Beside being interestingly expensive, I think this is finally a exceptional product.
    Does someone here has a feedback of Anker USB Hubs?

Thank you.

2. fhall1 macrumors 68040

fhall1

Looks nice - I like the fact that any port can be used for full charging of anything. Only thing I don't like is when you go to Amazon, they aren't listing it for the US yet....they show the older model with only 1 high-power charging port.

3. HFoletto thread starter macrumors member

Yeah, that's right.
    However this seller on ebay is selling this hub.

However I noticed it isn't perfect though. I'd like to have 3 ports in the back (for a printer, USB DAC and audio interface) and 4 in the front (for flash drives, iPhone and iPad). However I think that's not going to happen, unfortunately.

4. ColdCase macrumors 68030

Anker has been a good brand name for Mac compatible hubs... and some other stuff.

5. Steven Roller macrumors newbie

I'd like to purchase one, and I found that there were so many hubs there. I'm going to purchase Anker and below LOFTEK hub but is blowing hot and cold.
    What's the difference between below one and ANKER hub? What I could find is only the appearance. Any other difference there?

http://www.amazon.com/High-Speed-Ch...TF8&qid=1394615379&sr=8-1&keywords=loftek+hub

http://www.ianker.com/product/68ANHUB-BC7A

6. fhall1 macrumors 68040

fhall1

The main difference is with the Anker any of the 7 ports can be used to fast-charge a high current draw device (e.g. iPad) whereas the LOFTEK only has two ports designated for charging and only one of those is for high current draw devices.

7. hakr100 macrumors 6502a

It's out of stock on Amazon until the third week of March. I called Anker to find out.

8. Marty62 macrumors 6502

Looks like a good one, I recently bought an Inateck 5 port USB3.0 Hub to go
    with the Inateck USB3.0 card in my MP. ( the one with no extra power cable)

It has 4 x normal ports and 1 x charging port on one side.
    Works great, is powered and passes through the correct data transfer speed.

Here it is :
    http://www.amazon.de/dp/B00GT8QW4U/ref=pe_386171_37038021_TE_M3T1_dp_2

Regards,
    Martin.

9. Steven Roller macrumors newbie

Thank you for the information. I then studied them indeed and here was my finding.
    Anker: 7 ports only have the USB 3.0 port, which are mainly used for data transfer, equal to the common PC ports. The max of its output could be only up to 500mAh, which is far away from the normal charge demand(1000mAh or above).
    LOFTEK: 7 ports have the same function as ANKER’S, additional, LOFTEK has another two individual charging port(1000mAh & 2000mAh) to meet the user’s charging requirement especially the high current draw device such as iPad, Sumsung tablet. It means the LOFETK totally has 9 USB ports, including 7 ports for USB 3.0 data transfer and 2 ports especially for charger.

10. fhall1 macrumors 68040

fhall1

Not sure where you are looking but your comparison is flawed. All 7 ports on the Anker are capable of high current draw charging.

"Compliant with BC 1.2 charging specification, each port provides of up to 1.5A output current to BC 1.2-compliant mobile devices (refer to the list below). When disconnected from a computer, or when the computer is in sleep mode or powered off, the hub functions as a charging hub that provides full speed charges of up to 2A (10A output combined) to all USB-enabled devices. - See more at: http://www.ianker.com/product/68ANHUB-BC7A#sthash.KHpEkTGd.dpuf"

11. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Anker make good well priced stuff...I've had several items on test and I've been impressed. I use a different hub though.. A Satechi with separate switchable banks, an iPad charging port and a dedicated 5AMP PSU.

Works flawlessly with everything. It's capable of running 3 USB HDD'S at the same time too.

http://www.satechi.net/index.php/satechi-10-port-usb-3-hub

12. Steven Roller macrumors newbie

I finnaly purchased the both hubs. Both are works great for me!
    Thank you!