Seems like wrist detection works too well?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Newtons Apple, May 23, 2015.

1. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

I have read many thread where people are having trouble with getting wrist detection to work. Only had my watch since yesterday so today is the first full day, but it seems like my watch face turns on a lot, even when I do not intend it to do so. Worried about how that will effect the daily battery consumption.

Guess we will see how it goes today as I do not want to turn this feature off.

How is yours working?

2. rosario1990 macrumors regular

Working well as you said. Didn't face any difficulty yet.

3. Newtons Apple thread starter macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

I guess it needs to go the day and see how the battery goes. It is my first full day of use and the chances ar it will be fine. When I turn off wrist detection, you get a warning that some features will not be available.

One great thing is Siri works GREAT on my watch. Loving it so far!

4. papbot macrumors 6502

Some believe the new update made it a bit more sensitive to this. It's difficult to tell but it seems that way to me as well. I like it that way and have not had any battery issues because of it. It's going to be the other uses that you will engage in that will be the main hits on the battery.

5. SteveJobs1 macrumors newbie

From all I have heard I think the only substantial drain on battery is the workout app. I've had mine for 10 days and never have a battery issue. My days start at 0530 and end at 2230 with 30-40% remaining.....I haven't used the workout app yet:eek:

6. papbot macrumors 6502

No comment on that! But I think you're correct. With the continuous heart rate monitoring as well as whatever other tracking it's doing during a workout the battery will take a hit. Even so I've rarely gone below 30-40% through the day.