Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Melab

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 9, 2011
Ramos W32 tablet features Intel Medfield CPU, Android 4.0 software

The nine mass produced smartphones (Lava XOLO A700, Lava XOLO A800, Lava XOLO X900, Lenovo K800, MegaFon Mint, Motorola MT788, Motorola RAZR i, Orange San Diego, and ZTE Grand X IN) that have Intel Medfield processors all use the Intel Atom Z2460. The Chinese manufacturer Ramos has stuffed one inside an Android tablet. I don't know if the Z2460 is also intended to be used in tablets. If it isn't, then this doesn't surprise because Chinese manufacturers seem to like doing quirky and sometimes innovative things. Finally, though, there is now an Intel-powered Android tablet on the market.

Ramos made an iPad clone (see the Ramos W11) and a couple of other designs when Apple first released the iPad, and now it seems like they've moved to taking design elements from other Android tablets made by companies with real brand recognition. The Ramos W32 looks nice and I'm hazarding they chose to base it off of the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1.

Pictures taken of it at what I presume to be an electronics show can be seen here.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
Interestingly its using the tablet version of of Android (from the pics) not the hybrid phone/tablet UI you'd find on devices like the Nexus 7/10.... I actually prefer it on a tablet. Regardless I'm staying WAY away from that thing....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.