Sega? nintendo? on a mac?!?!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ruk110, Jun 27, 2010.

1. ruk110 macrumors regular

ruk110

are there any emulators out there for sega and nintendo consoles that actually work and that wide rage of working games are available for?? i just want to go back in time to the old days!

2. model citizen macrumors member

As far as Nintendo goes, there's Nestopia and Snes9x which are both free. There's also sixtyforce for N64 games, which is shareware. I've tried all three, Nestopia and Snes9x extensively and they worked great though a USB joypad would help make the experience better (especially for the n64 games).

As for Sega, no idea!

You can download all three Nintendo systems games (or ROMS) and Sega ones too free on the old computer

3. gumbyx84 macrumors 6502

gumbyx84

First off, no linky to sites with illegal downloads. Bad and against forum rules.

Back on topic: If you are running an Intel mac, I suggest Kega Fusion for all your Sega emulation needs. For N64 emulation, don't use sixtyforce as it very out of date. zero64 is the Windows version of project64 in a WINE wrapper. You can get it at The Porting Team.

4. ahm macrumors member

Holy moly, I love Snes9x. I use my PS3 controller with that. It makes me so happy.