Seidio Active case,,Got it.

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by bsbuggs, Aug 21, 2010.

1. bsbuggs macrumors regular

Just looking for a review of the Active case anyone have it yet?

2. y2kc macrumors newbie

I finally received shipping notification for mine today. Says it should arrive Aug 26th. I'm ready, this otterbox defender is way too bulky and is going back to Best Buy.

3. bsbuggs thread starter macrumors regular

Awesome thanks for the reply, looking forward to your review.
    Can you tell me when your placed your original order? was It a week or so ago?

4. y2kc macrumors newbie

I placed my order August 1st. I was torn between the innocase and the active. I decided the extra protection on the active was worth the little added bulk vs. the innocase. I may change my mind once it finally arrives, haha.

5. bsbuggs thread starter macrumors regular

anuone?? just trying to decide between the otterbox commuter and the active.
    wonder if the commuter would fit into a seidio active holster?

6. Edking4 macrumors member

after having the ob and seeing pics of the active...i would probably go with the active due to the design.

7. Silenthillnight macrumors member

8. bsbuggs thread starter macrumors regular

Just received my Seidio Active today, I have to say very nice case with great fit.
    I had my phone in the Griffin Reveal since just after launch, it did the job but i needed more protection. I took a few pics of two cases side by side. The griffin fits just fine in the Seidio holster, its a little loose at the top but it sure is not coming out on its own.
    As you can see from the last picture this is the griffin inside the holster, little room but it will hold.
    Hopefully anyone looking to just grab a holster can benefit from these pics.

Attached Files:

9. bsbuggs thread starter macrumors regular

If anyone has any questions feel free to hit me up.

10. Randman macrumors 65816

Randman

I love my Otterbox Commuter and have the seddio holster and it fits like a dream.

11. bsbuggs thread starter macrumors regular

12. Ibolskool macrumors newbie

A little dissappointed . . .

This is my second Seidio case, the first was a Seidio Surface Black on my 3G. I handed the Surface down to my mom who uses it on her 3G, keep in mind this case was almost 2 yrs. old when I handed it down. Rugged! Awesome case!

I will keep my Sapphire Blue Active, but three things set me off a little: 1)mute button hole is a little too deep for people with monster fingers; 2) the silicon bar that runs on front and bottom of the phone (above speaker/mic and charger recess) is way too flimsy with no support at all; and 3) the lip of silicone on the face of phone LCD is way too wide. I know I'm probably being picky, but I wanted to give my honest opinion for anyone interested.

I ordered a Surface Black for my iP4 a couple of days ago, and will see how that one works out.

:)

13. trdspectacoma macrumors regular

I have my active not happy with the case not the holster. the case is great
    but the vibe switch way to in. the "rubberized coating" wears off after a couple of days.

14. bsbuggs thread starter macrumors regular

I agree 100%. I read the reviews on the surface and it didnt like the idea of the case feeling loose being two parts.

I was having a hard time deciding between the active and the commuter. I think made the best choice.

15. bsbuggs thread starter macrumors regular

I have to agree that vibe button is in there.

16. nealh macrumors 6502

Here is my review

1) the silicon bar that runs on front and bottom of the phone (above speaker/mic and charger recess) is way too flimsy with no support at all - this was a deal breaker for me and I sent the case back. If the case falls this will not protect the bottom. How is this a case for "active lifestyle" like they advertise.
    2) mute button hole is too deep -Absurd give how long they delayed the case.
    3) Fit in the holster was too diffucult to get the phone out when it rang.
    4) quality appears to be lacking at how bad others are finding the coating on the hard shell after just a day or 2

I was very disappointed and sent it back for a refund unused. I waited too long for this piece of junk. Overpriced.

USPS shipping is parcel post too like 8 days to go from TX to FL. I sent it back first class with DC# for $3..they charge $6 for parcel post.

Seidio has lost a customer.

17. mpossoff macrumors 68020

Do you mind posting a link to the holster for the otterbox commuter.

Marc

18. iphone4customer macrumors member

Not happy

Probably should have posted this here instead of in a separate post (first time posting):

I'm very disappointed in Seidio. I previously owned the Innocase II Surface for my old iPhone 3G and was largely happy with the feel of it and quality until the front bar on the lower half of the case snapped. Nonetheless I kept using it because it had the best fit of any case I had seen.

I ordered the Innocase Active for my new iPhone 4 back in July and after 4 delays in shipping, received it in late August. Now, 2.5 weeks into using it carefully (i.e. either placing in my pocket or safely on a table) the powder coating on the plastic around each corner has started to peel off. I'm shocked at this poor quality and want to inquire if other users are seeing this too. A call to customer service provided me little information from a representative that was borderline rude in insisting to me that there are no known reports of such a defect in the case. I was told I could either file a refund request online (couldn't do it by phone??) or be sent a replacement case, but that I would have to ship the defective product back to them on my dime before receiving a new one.

I encourage Innocase Active customers who may be experiencing the same degradation in their case to report it to Seidio and please reply back here. I think it's unfair to put the onus on a loyal customer and leave them with a defective case. I'm concerned as to why the material is peeling off and the safety of the material. We've got an infant in the house who wants nothing more than to grab the phone every chance she gets (we're still quicker than she is but not for long) and I'm concerned about her safety.

My new assessment of Seidio is poor quality and poorer treatment of the customer.

I've attached some shots of the defective case.

Attached Files:

19. trdspectacoma macrumors regular

head over to everything i cafe there is a big discussion. I have the same problem and I just forgot about it since I don't want to ship it on my dime

20. iphone4customer macrumors member

yup, forgetting about it too

What's the point in sending the case back for a replacement when the company is in denial (or just plain fibbing) about this issue. Clearly I'm not the only one dealing with it. Guess that's why they have a D grading on BBB.

30 bucks down the drain, no need to spend additional money to ship the defective product to the company.

I went ahead and bought an Incipio NGB Matte for 16 bucks on Amazon and am loving it. Bye bye Seidio! Good luck with your poor quality cases.