Seidio Innocase II scratching bezel

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by KSUWizard, Jan 30, 2009.

1. KSUWizard macrumors member

So, after much forum trolling, youtube watching, and personal debate, I pulled the trigger on an Innocase II for the 3g. Absolutely love the case! Feels great in hand, hardly any extra bulk, and fits in pocket easy. That said, I just found an issue... Seems as if the case is scratching the bezel on the bottom of the phone. If I had to guess looks like dust is getting in there and could be rubbing against it when taking phone in and out. That bottom bezel cover is very flexible compared to the rest of the case. The bezel around the rest of teh phone is mint condition as this case works great. Just wondering if any of you have had a similar issue with this or any other case. I'll see if I can take some pics later, right now macro+lighting is not giving clear image.

2. mcmanus7 macrumors 6502a

hmmm I have 2 seidios... never had any scratching on my bezel... only scratches are from a capsule rebel... how often are you removing the case and cleaning it? I do it every 2-3 days...

3. KSUWizard thread starter macrumors member

I'd say I take it out about once a week to clean it. I'm wondering if it has to do with taking it in and out of the pocket. At this point, I really don't care about the scratches. You can't see it with the case on and any other case I got would cover the bezel anyways. When I first got the phone I was big into keeping it "mint" but now I realize it is a phone and will get normal wear and tear from use. Anyways, just wanted to share to see if anyone else is having this issue and to maybe toss some info to those who are looking for a case.

4. mcmanus7 macrumors 6502a

interesting... I wouldn't 100% rule it out considering you can almost scratch the chrome with your finger nail lol