Seido Case & Holster...crap So Far!

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Tsmith00, Oct 29, 2007.

1. Tsmith00 macrumors newbie

I just got the seido case and holster last week..paid around $57 w/shipping.

So far, this case has not met my expectations. Within a week, I heard a clinking noise, the case is not an exact fit, and the clip on the holster is loose and doesn't hold the phone intact. My iPhone dropped 'cuz of that loose clip today.

I know we can't get a perfect case, but having paid $57 for this, I expected better. While I did put a piece of paper underneath to stop the clinking, the loose holster clip (top clip) adds to my frustration.

I think I will be returning the case and holster..I don't know if I want to take a chance again with the new set once they send me one, since paying for shipping it back adds up to the bottomline and I have already spent $57 on it.

Anyone else have any issues with it and how many times have you had to return it? I can't keep spending $ to ship it back to them. I would think that if they sent out a defective piece to start with, then they should be responsible for shipping and everything.

2. Kadman macrumors 65816

Kadman

I've read of a few quality issues from others. Mostly it revolved around inconsistent finish (uneven seams, etc). Some accepted this because they otherwise really liked the case and there aren't many options out there like it, but others returned it. I have also read of at least one situation where someone dropped their phone from waist high and the two halves of this case separated on impact.

While it's a bit thicker, I ended up going with a combination of an Agent18 case with the holster from a Power Support crystal case set. It's literally just a few more dollars than the Seidio but it also comes with a crystal film. You can see pictures of this combo in another thread that I started.

3. scott99 macrumors 6502a

I have the Hybrid Case and Holster, and I really like it. I have yet to have a problem with it. The case itself is really nice and slim, and I think it actually enhances the look of the iPhone. The Holster is really nice, and the combo looks very very classy (in my opinion), and has been very sturdy so far. I have yet to drop the phone while it's been in it's case, so I can not comment as to whether the case would come apart. I think Seidio products are awesome, and have had them for my Treo in the past. So far, no complaints.