Seiki Blu-ray player for $49.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by waloshin, Nov 23, 2010.

1. waloshin macrumors 68040

waloshin

Seiki Blu-ray player for $49. So the player says it does 1080p, BD live 2.0, has hdmi, Dts hd, divx.

So would this player be worth it $49 or would the picture quality be crap?

2. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

I had one. The picture quality and audio are actually exceptional. It uses the new Mediatek chip which is supposed to be the best at the moment. Unfortunately, it has a habit of dying after one month of use and that is exactly what mine did. Other than not working, it is one of the few blu-ray players that can be made region free for both DVD and BD. It also loads fairly quickly. I will probably get a Sony 370 or LG 555 in the sales.

3. scraps macrumors newbie

It's worth it I installed a small fan in mine and its been working for about 4 months with constant play.Plus if you have any problems Walmart has a 60(maybe 90) day return policy.
    If it dies return it get another one.The pictures great on these.
    Like stated there is a code to make it region free can confirm it works(only unknown thing is how many times you can change the regions).
    It also has a shut off after 5 mins of no use.I'll be grabbing another one forsure for my other room.

4. waloshin thread starter macrumors 68040

waloshin

Watched Avatar bluray version at 1080p/24p on my tv and was blown away at how beautiful bluray is and how well the player did!

Great player well worth it!