Select CD-Rom Boot Type Error

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by bbarliak, Nov 8, 2009.

1. bbarliak macrumors newbie

I've received this error when trying to install Windows 7 64-bit on my Macbook Pro. The keyboard function seems to be completely disabled and I cannot make any selections or navigate away from this screen.

I've read some forum post with regards to this problem but didn't find the answer I needed. I'm simply looking for a way to exit out of this screen and return to my normal OSX. I can't eject the disk or do anything because my keyboard isn't working. I simply want to abort the instalation but can't figure out how.

This may sound like a really simple problem to you guys but I'm new to macs and not all that computer literate so I need some help.

Thanks in advance for your help.

2. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Hold the power button until your computer turns off. Then turn it back on while holding Option, and it'll allow you to select the boot device (so choose the hard drive).

3. bbarliak thread starter macrumors newbie

4. linuxsoft macrumors newbie

To Nermal :

Hi,

I have the same issue that bbarliak has at http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=816493. I have two HDs (HD1 for MacOSx, and HD2 for Win7)

I followed your instruction and everything went fine since i get a GUI for the choice between HD1 or HD2 as target drive.
    Except that my keyboard functions still disabled and i cannot confirm, with the function enter, the choice of HD2 as the win7 target drive.

So after five or six seconds, the monitor give me back a command line message as followed : "select cd-rom boot type ".

Definitively i am very close but now, the issue seems to be a keyboard matter.

What else can i do ?

Thanks and regards.