Select multiple suggested Faces in Photos

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by alksion, Apr 9, 2015.

1. alksion macrumors 68000

alksion

Is there anyway I can select multiple Faces in the suggestion part or do I really how to go through and manually enter a name for each one? I mean there's literally hundreds with my face and it won't auto detect it.

2. alksion thread starter macrumors 68000

alksion

I've tried everything. This does not look possible in this initial release. Does anyone know where the most effective way to leave feedback is?

3. gpspad macrumors 6502

I started a project where I would sort and archive all my sisters photos. I literally spent hours labeling all the faces. It worked awesome and she loved it, I stopped half way through when I heard of the new photo program.

Well bad news is metadata such as faces and location doesn't seem to transfer. Location may, but faces definitely not from everything I have read.

What good is tagging all that if it doesn't transfer, atlas between macs and the cloud.

Save yourself the time and effort. You might be a new computer away from loosing it all.

Hopefully it will be redesigned to transfer that data in the future, for now Im holding off.

4. obeliq macrumors member

When you double click one of your faces at the bottom and name it, does it not take you to a new window where it asks you to uncheck pictures that are not you?

You still have to do some clicking but it is much faster than clicking each picture at the bottom of the main faces window.

I would love to be able to select multiple faces to ignore, that's for sure. How they could overlook something so basic is beyond me. I keep hoping I'm missing something but I too have tried keys, clicks, menus and can't find a way to do it.

5. gpspad macrumors 6502

Is it worth going through al these faces and setting it up if can never leave your mac?

Hoping for more features getting added, but not sure its worth the effort until they actually do it.

It will also be cool to see what third party developers come up with.

6. mgroot macrumors regular

mgroot

I've found it to be a bit quicker if I drag the faces to the person that already has a detected face, it would be even better if you could select multiple faces from the bottom and drag them all up

7. alksion thread starter macrumors 68000

alksion

Yes, I have made it that far. Now, there are tons of suggested faces at the bottom that are the same person. Choosing the persons face simply adds that one photo and no more.

----------

Interesting, I didn't know you could drag them, however, it'd still be useful to select multiples at time. Please people, be sure to suggest this feature.

https://www.apple.com/feedback/macosx.html

8. tritian macrumors member

Select a bunch with your face, right click and choose to merge.