Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lacordaire

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 12, 2012
Hi guys,

Does anyone knows how to select non adjacent cells on Excel for iPad using an Smart Keyboard or Apple Pencil? I am trying to work on a cashflow spreadsheet with my iPad Pro instead my MacBook but it's been very difficult, almost impossible to do some simple things like that.

Thanks in advance.
Laco.

iThingsGurl

macrumors 6502a
Dec 3, 2014
Canada
On my Mac I hold down the ⌘ button and click on cells to select them. Why not try doing that with your Smart Keyboard? That should work.

lacordaire

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 12, 2012
That was the first simple thing I tried but, unfortunately, didn't work! Thanks for your reply.

iThingsGurl

macrumors 6502a
Dec 3, 2014
Canada
So apparently, some of the forums I searched online have an opinion that Excel doesn't allow selecting non-adjacent cell range. It has something to do with Apple, as it doesn't allow the same in Numbers for iOS as well as Numbers for iCloud.

lacordaire

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 12, 2012
It doesn't make sense for me... I use this function a lot to do some fast calculations... I will try to find another app that support this. Thanks for your reply!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.