Select songs REALLY loud?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by xxduckee, Dec 23, 2008.

1. xxduckee macrumors newbie

I have 200 songs on my ipod, from 3 or 4 different sources. Some songs were quiter so I increased the volume by doing Get Info> Options & moved the slider to the right to make them louder. That helped, but when my ipod is on shuffle and ends up at one of those songs, it will play REALLY loud for one second & it scares the crap out of me!!

I've tried mp3gain, but nothing seemed to happen.

Any Tips?

Thanks if you can help!

2. BayouBengal macrumors regular

Hmm, I was going to say go download a program that will normalize your MP3 volume but it looks like you've done that. iTunes doesn't have an auto normalize function. I swore it did.

3. bobfitz14 macrumors 65816

bobfitz14

i encounter this every now and then too and i do what you do, in iTunes go to get info then options, and i play around with that. it's not a real effective way cause the songs do come out really loud on the iPod but i deal with it.

4. fohawk17 macrumors regular

fohawk17

what you can do is select all songs, then click get info. change the audo ofr all songs, and im pretty sure that makes them all the same volume

5. cdcastillo macrumors 6502a

cdcastillo

It does have it.

It's called Sound Check, and it's under Playback, on iTunes preferences.

The iPod also have this, maybe you should spend some time in the settings menu on your iPod.