selecting bootcamp slow

Discussion in 'iMac' started by ForthRightAfter, Aug 12, 2011.

1. ForthRightAfter macrumors member

ForthRightAfter

When I start the iMac up and hold down option its takes over 2 minutes before I'm able to select which drive i'd like to boot. any ideas how I can resolve this? on my MBP its almost instant the ability to select which drive.

2. Detrius macrumors 68000

I'd suspect a bad hard drive. I have no other good theory.

3. Tech Elementz macrumors 6502

Have you done a PRAM reset? Boot up your iMac and before the Apple logo comes up, press Command + Option + P + R at the same time, and your iMac should reboot again from that point on. (This means you successfully reset the PRAM correctly.)

4. aram98c macrumors newbie

IMAC is Slow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sharing almost the same thing. My Imac 2010 is extremely slow. I boot up and everytime I click an application it takes about 3-5 minutes for the application to start up, then I click somewhere else and same instance. Its been very frustrating. I tried downloading applications to free up memory and make things faster, but no luck. my next step would be to upgrade memory, but the computer wasn't like this until after loading all of those updates. Do I need to delete everything back to manufacturer settings to get it to speed up again? Sheesh.... :confused: