Selecting Multiple Objects with CorelDraw under Windows

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by bildio, Sep 27, 2011.

1. bildio macrumors regular

I want to select multiple objects when using CorelDraw & InkScape running under Windows XP using Parallels. I don't want to select by "drawing" a box around the objects.

I click on the CorelDraw select tool, hold down the shift key, & try to select multiple object by clicking on them with the cursor, but only one gets selected. The same thing happens with InkScape.

I don't have these programs under the Mac OS, but I did try it selecting objects using Power Point running under Mac OS, & it works.

Anyone know how to get this to work with CorelDraw under Windows?

2. themeperks macrumors newbie

themeperks

Fixing Shift and Ctrl Key Behavior Under Parallels

If you have trouble using the shift or control keys to select multiple items under Parallels (I couldn't select multiple objects in Corel Draw but the problem also exists in file dialogs) you can fix it using

Virtual Machine -> Configure -> Options -> Advanced -> Optimize modifier keys for games

Which means Option-clicking the Parallels double bar icon at the top of the screen and then selecting "Configure..." and so on.