selecting similar items

Discussion in 'macOS' started by natasa, Jul 8, 2007.

1. natasa macrumors newbie

hi,

i am trying to find quickest way to synchronize selection of files inside two different folders. i am a photographer producing a lot of photographs during same assignment. I shoot simultaneously both, RAW and small preview jpegs in the camera therefore file No. is same, but type of file different (RAW and jpeg). I do editing in iView with small jpegs as it is faster due to small size.

I make a selection of good shots inside jpeg folder and create new folder. Now I have to apply the same editing/selection to a RAW folder before adjusting the raw files. Now, with the folder with 1000 pictures it is quite lengthy a process to search in the jpeg selection folder and visualy select files from Raw folder in two Finder windows.

Is there any reliable and quick way to synchronize the selection (iView, Bridge...)

Thanx

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

The only thing I can think of is to tag the photos in some way (for example, doing a mass get info on all the selected photos in the Finder then applying some tag to all of them in the spotlight comments field)... oh wait, that won't work because you have to tag both sets first before you can do a spotlight search to uncover the photos you want. Tagging just one set doesn't help, and it seems that you need to tag both at once for my approach to work. :(

3. natasa thread starter macrumors newbie