Selective iMessaging

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by rikesh, Feb 27, 2012.

1. rikesh macrumors newbie

Hi,

Just wondering if there is a tweak out there to choose which contacts (by default) to send messages via iMessage and which to default via SMS.

OR alternatively, a tweak to reduce the time delay until an undelivered iMessage sends as SMS (automatically).

I have a few contacts with iPhones running iOS5 (iMessage enabled) - but they live in poor data signal areas with no wi-fi. Often, my messages will not deliver until 5 minutes later (when phone realises the iMessage hasn't been delivered and thus switches to SMS). Obviously I can hold down and choose 'send as text message' but I'd like a way for the phone to do this for me.

So, does anything like this exist? If not, someone develop it please! Would be greatly appreciated.

2. SlasherKG macrumors member

While not exactly what you're after, BiteSMS will let you manually toggle to SMS by holding the "SEND" button for a few seconds. (iMessage button is blue, SMS button is green).

3. rikesh thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your reply. I've tried BiteSMS but I find it very slow and clunky (even on my iPhone 4), and coupled with IntelliscreenX I would much rather use the in-built Messages+.

Is there anything else that might do the job?