Self-assigned IP after waking up...

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by candychunk, Sep 20, 2009.

1. candychunk macrumors member

Hi, I have a year old white macbook. Everytime I wake the machine up from sleep and try to use the internet, I have to run Network Diagnostic first, otherwise it won't let me access the internet. The icon in the toolbar says that I have a connection, but when I go to system preferences, it says its connected, but that there is a self-assigned IP address. When I run network diagnostics, it asks for my WEP passkey (that it already knows and has been saved to my keychain) and then connects to the internet with no problem. Is there a way I could just keep my laptop connected to the internet even after waking up?:confused: Any help that anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated.

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Have you looked in the advanced section? Check if there is a manual ip assigned if there is turn it off and set it all to auto

3. candychunk thread starter macrumors member

it's on auto

4. hatehereyes macrumors 6502a

hatehereyes

I'm having the same problem with my Mac Pro.

I can connect to the internet fine but I'm trying to share the connection to my airport extreme but the IP's are conflicting with eachother.

5. jzuena macrumors 6502a

jzuena

If you go into System Preferences and select Network, then highlight your AirPort and click Advanced, is your network in the Preferred Networks list? If it is maybe deleting it and re-adding it will make sure the WEP key is re-saved into the keychain.

6. candychunk thread starter macrumors member

yeah, i have tried this before... still need to do the steps i said :(