Self Assigned ip with Tethering-Help

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by pattoniscool, Jun 28, 2009.

1. pattoniscool macrumors member

When I try to tether I get a self assigned ip of 169.254.6.129 and subnet 255.255.255.0 in Network Prefs. It used to read out like it was supposed to but don't understand why I can get connected to the internet with tethering, have wap.cingular as apn. Anybody know a solution.

2. pattoniscool thread starter macrumors member

Found the problem if anyone else has ran into it and didnt think of this either:

I was getting a self-assigned ip when I would tether after I jailbroke and realized that I had downloaded pdanet again and the wireless router setting was on and it was causing the problem with the non-jailbroken fix.

3. beej69 macrumors member

thanks!

thanks so much pattoniscool!

same exact problem here. i would have been pulling my hair out for far longer if it weren't for you :)

4. CaliAlly macrumors newbie

Thank You!!!

I, too, was about to pull my hair out deleting and re-installing the tethering packages and only getting self-assigned IPs! I didn't even think about PdaNet as my problem, so thanks again! :)

5. derlockere macrumors member

Had the same problem here. Solution was as easy --> deinstalling PDAnet

Thx, A Lot

6. neilson9 macrumors newbie

For me the problem was that the iPhone USB driver doesnt work on 64bit OSX - rebooting into 32 bit mode (holding down 3+2) did the trick....

Well done Apple - push x64 and then you don't properly support it!